Analytics cookies are used to track what pages on the website you visit.
Vietnamese Duck Breast with Noodles
• 2 duck breasts
• Sea salt
For the Salad:
• 200g rice noodles
• 4 spring onions, finely sliced into rings
• 1 ripe mango, diced approx 1cm
• 1 finely diced red pepper
• Small sprig of coriander, leaves removed
• Small sprig of mint, leaves removed
For the Dressing:
• 3 tbsp fish sauce
• 1 tbsp rice vinegar
• Juice of 2 limes, plus a few lime wedges to
• 2 tbsp caster sugar
• 1 red chilli, finely chopped
• 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
• 2 tbsp water
• 1 tsp sesame oil
First, throw together a zesty side salad of spring
onions, red pepper, mango, coriander, and mint.
Combine 3 tbsp fish sauce, 1 tbsp rice vinegar,
a pinch of sugar, a chopped red chili, chopped
garlic, 1 tbsp sesame oil, and a squeeze of lime
juice for a dressing. Set aside.
Score your duck breasts and season. Cook skin-
side down (no oil) for around 6 minutes until the
skin is golden and crisp. Seal, pour off excess fat,
and place in the oven for 10-20 minutes. Rest.
Serve with rice noodles and your (dressed) salad.